Monday, September 10, 2012

A big win, and some cream of chicken

Let's start by saying Sunday was awesome. Well, my version of "awesome" may have changed a bit since I started this whole custody thing. But it was a good day.

The girls were at their daddy's from 9 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. And there were no tears this time at drop-off!!!

As promised, I was able to pick them up before bed time. Previously they'd been spending the whole day and night, and that was simply TOO much for Sunshine (Little Bit is all like, "Whatevs. I'm 2 and flexible.")

Anyway, I spent the morning and early afternoon with my BFF having coffee, chatting, etc. I missed my kids, especially because hers were there. But it was nice having some down time with my buddy.

I went home and got chores done. The girls got to call me once during the day, and he sent me pictures of their crafts together, so they seemed to have a lovely time - as they should...he's their dad. And when I picked the girls up after dinner, they were happy as can be.

GIANT sigh of relief. One day at a time of course, but I'm calling this one a WIN. Yay!

-----

I also managed to cook assemble a meal for myself and the girls Saturday night. Their dad has always done the cooking. And I live with my mom now, who is a great cook. I WANT to cook, but never have any ideas, need a lot of practice, etc.

All of this to say...Yes, I used cream of chicken soup in my chicken tortilla casserole Saturday. Don't judge.

Hey, single mom over here. It was either that or a quesadilla for the thousandth time. Gotta start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment